Thursday 12 March 2015

My First Memory

There is one detail that I point blank refuse to say about my first memory purely because I don't want it invalidated, told I was hallucinating or delusional or anything that might question what happened despite knowing that it did.

My first memory is from when I was about a year to 18 months old. So between April and October 1984 roughly. I'd learnt to crawl but I couldn't walk just yet. I remember crawling up the stairs in the first house I ever lived in. I crawled up pretty fast from what I remember and almost as soon as I got to the top of the stairs my Dad came out of the bathroom. I remember him opening and shutting the bathroom door and he looked at me and playfully said "what are you doing up here then?" My response was to just look up at him. He came over and he picked me up and he instantly smelt something (can you guess where this is going yet?) And he realised I needed my nappy changing. So on the landing in between the bedrooms and the top of the stairs he changed my nappy. I was generally quiet about it then I looked to my right and on the skirting board at the bottom of the wall there was a Spider and despite seeing Spiders before and being ok with them I completely freaked out at this one even though it was no different to all the other Spiders I'd seen and my Dad reacted by saying "it's ok it's just a Spider" but I didn't calm down so he grabbed one of the slippers he was wearing and killed the Spiders (I refuse to kill Spiders now but not because of this) and I instantly calmed down. Then my Dad continued changing my nappy and I looked to my left, looking outside a Window that was at the top of the stairs and I saw blue sky [enter moment that I refuse to tell anyone about].

No comments:

Post a Comment